BIOVOL™ (Bio Volcanic) - Aquarium Filter Media Gravel
A fantastic media for colonisation of bacteria - Essential for breaking down waste.
- Premium Aquarium Lava Rock Gravel.
- Suitable for all types of filters
- Replaces any existing bio media.
- Larger surface area
- More efficient than rings, foam & bio balls.
- Versatile - Can also be placed directly in aquarium used as natural substrate.
- Super Porous - Provides ideal home for beneficial bacteria.
- 100% Natural rocks
- High quality - Low in Impurities
- Approx. size 10-20mm - see photos for a guide.
- Inert - Will not alter PH - Non Dissolving.
For freshwater use in both tropical and cold water aquaria. Invert / Shrimp Safe.
Provides a home for beneficial bacteria that help nitrification and denitrification. Will last indefinitely.
Uses: For medium to large size filter compartments / canister filter trays - Natural aquascaping decoration, Bottom Substrate, planting medium, Aquaponics applications and more!
Amount to use? This will depend on size of aquarium and its bio load and the size of your filter. As a general guide 0.5 litres of media per 100L minimum, more is better, you can never have too much! fit as much as you can in your system. Extra rocks can be scattered on the substrate and provide an supplementary home for good bacteria. If using in display as bottom substrate 5 litres will provide a 1.5" Layer for a 2 x 1ft tank.
Excellent filtration media for tropical fish tanks & ponds!